Forums : Plateforme Mozilla

Aller à la discussion :  Plus récente Plus ancienne

# [English] no startup, version 1804 vs. 19a3

Envoyé par : tscha

Date : 23/08/2007 21:11

Salut!

Excuse me for my post in english. Though I can read a bit french, it's hard for me to express such technical questions in french. If I should ask in french ... well I will do so ... but you have been warned ;) For now, I hope that someone can help me in any way.

What I am trying to do: For a certain time I am trying to port an already productive IE-MySQL application to xulrunner. I think that would be much easier to maintain and would need less quirks. With version 1.9a3 (from xulrunner site) I am able to use SQLite and the partly ported application works quite fine. A real killer would be bindings to MySQL, which I found today on xulfr.org with a mysql-enabled windows build of 1.8.0.4 at <http://xulfr.org/wiki/BaseDeDonn%E9es/ExtensionSql> (called version 1804fr in this thread - fr for french ;) ).

Now I have downloaded and installed the setup_xulrunner.exe - from what I can see installation worked as probably expected.

Now here comes the trouble: I tried to launch the application by simple changing my run.bat, which starts up the application:

@echo off

set version=1804fr
 ::set version=19a3

set options=-console -jsconsole

xulrunner%version%\xulrunner.exe application.ini %options%
 pause

In some naive way, I thought that could/would work. But nothing happens, there is also no output to the console. If I change back to version 19a3, everything works fine again. Is there any errorlog, that I can lookup? From what I can see, the contents of the directories (1804fr vs.19a3) are different. I am not sure if there is something missing in the 1804fr. I already tried missing components/folders from 19a3 to 1804fr, but this hasn't any effect, maybe i did something wrong here.

Here are the contents:

1804fr:

AccessibleMarshal.dll
dependentlibs.list
js3250.dll
LICENSE
mozctl.dll
mozctlx.dll
nspr4.dll
nss3.dll
nssckbi.dll
plc4.dll
plds4.dll
README.txt
regxpcom.exe
smime3.dll
softokn3.chk
softokn3.dll
ssl3.dll
unins000.dat
unins000.exe
updater.exe
xpcom.dll
xpcshell.exe
xpicleanup.exe
xpidl.exe
xpt_dump.exe
xpt_link.exe
xul.dll
xulrunner-stub.exe
xulrunner.exe

19a3:

chrome\
components\
defaults\
dictionaries\
greprefs\
plugins\
res\
AccessibleMarshal.dll
crashreporter.exe
crashreporter.ini
dependentlibs.list
freebl3.chk
freebl3.dll
IA2Marshal.dll
javaxpcom.jar
javaxpcomglue.dll
js3250.dll
LICENSE
Microsoft.VC80.CRT.manifest
mozctl.dll
mozctlx.dll
msvcm80.dll
msvcp80.dll
msvcr80.dll
nspr4.dll
nss3.dll
nssckbi.dll
plc4.dll
plds4.dll
README.txt
smime3.dll
softokn3.chk
softokn3.dll
ssl3.dll
updater.exe
xpcom.dll
xpicleanup.exe
xul.dll
xulrunner-stub.exe
xulrunner.exe

I think it should run with version 1804fr, too, because both builds are sqlite-enabled, so the problems should not be located here.

There may also not be a problem with my JS-code, because such errors should be fired later in the JS-console.

Well, this is what I can see from my point of view at the moment. If anyone has an idea, what could be wrong, I would very glad for any tips, which could help me to get rid of IE. ;D

Au revoir, tscha

# Re: [English] no startup, version 1804 vs. 19a3

Envoyé par : tscha

Date : 25/08/2007 10:00

It is still not running but I did some tests:

in pref.js i set

pref('toolkit.defaultChromeURI', 'about:config')

to get a simple test case. its running with 19a3 but not with 1804fr.

My commandline arguments now are the following:

xulrunner --app application1804fr.ini -console -jsconsole

For very a short time I can see the black console window of xulrunner and i can also see xulrunner.exe in the process list of the windows task manager! But then the show ends here, again.

though xulrunner website on mozilla.org recommends to copy the stub.exe and rename it to my own app-name (1), this doesnt seems to make a difference, whether it is there or not - this applies to both versions 1804fr and 19a3

hm... lets see...

Edit: I copied the following folders from the original 1804 version to 1804fr: chrome, components, defaults, extensions, greprefs, plugins, sdk Now a xul-window appears with the title "Alert". If i copy the res folder, too, nothing appears...

tscha

(1) <http://developer.mozilla.org/en/docs/XULRunner:Deploying_XULRunner_1.8>

Il n'est plus possible de poster des messages dans ce forum.

Copyright © 2003-2013 association xulfr, 2013-2016 Laurent Jouanneau - Informations légales.

Mozilla® est une marque déposée de la fondation Mozilla.
Mozilla.org™, Firefox™, Thunderbird™, Mozilla Suite™ et XUL™ sont des marques de la fondation Mozilla.